long doAnnotation(string attrName)
This method annotates the layer (which must be a database layer) with the information found in the corresponding database table column with title attrName. As a result, each feature in the layer is labeled with the item obtained from the specified column and the row associated with the feature.
The annotation text has the characteristics defined by the current set of defaults as set by the following methods:
- overrideDefaultAnnoColor - black
- overrideDefaultAnnoFontName - Times New Roman
- overrideDefaultAnnoSize - 8 millimeters
- overrideDefaultAnnoAlignment - centered
- overrideDefaultAnnoCutoffs - none
- overrideDefaultAnnoCurveFit - FALSE
- overrideDefaultAnnoStretch - FALSE
The initial defaults for each of these properties are as shown in the above list, unless the layer is initially annotated via the data profile, in which case the initial defaults are the values for these properties set by the data profile. The last two overrides are relevant only if the layer contains line features.
This method returns zero upon success, and returns an error code if the layer is not a database layer.